Sunday, January 13, 2008

Good and bad.




Good - My mother-in-law Millie, sister-in-law Sue, and I went to Trier yesterday! Here are a couple of pictures of us. The top two pictures are in front of the Porta Negra (Roman ruins) and the bottom picture is in the Hauptmarkt (main market).

Bad - I had to put my kitty J.J. to sleep on Friday night. :( He hadn't been right all week, so I took him into a German vet clinic - that spoke VERY good English, I might add - and his blood work was through the roof. His kidneys had almost completely failed. I had to make the call then and there and I made it to end his suffering/not put him through what it was going to take to try and reverse the situation IF it worked. It was very sad. Sue was there with me, so I had some moral support (Rob was still in Las Vegas).

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Chrissy, that's too bad about your J.J. Our two cats and dog are like our kids, so I'm sure it's no easy loss. Eric got me a book for Christmas called "Rescuing Sprite" by Mark Levin. It was about just that very issue -- a sad and good read at the same time. Maybe it would give you some more "moral support."

Stina said...

I'm sorry Chrissy. I'm glad you weren't by yourself and that the situation wasn't made more difficult in a foreign country.

Angela said...

I am so sorry to hear about JJ. ): I know how much I love my cat, Bear, and I am sure it was v.v. tough. Take care.

Caroline Zion said...

Chrissy,
I feel your pain. We found Bently by the road the night we brought Luke home from the hospital. Billy had to bury him. It was so sad. I don't think I have ever seen Billy so upset. I am so sorry about JJ. I will tell you like Billy told William, "He just went home".